Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Government ExperienceCloud. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 300 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
What You'll Do:
- Looking at the big picture, you’ll see how systems interconnect relate to each other - using a wide range of tools approaches to problem solve.
- Help our customers exploit observability benefits to understand and better support microservice architecture.
- Improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our customer environments.
- Work with CI/CD systems to enable automation of infrastructure at scale (pipeline design and best practices).
- You will support a variety of different product families containing multiple applications.
- You will design build modern tools for the SRE and other teams to use.
- Engage with other engineering teams across discovery delivery phases of engagements; advisory, design implementation.
- Provide on-call product support.
Who You Are:
- Agile Lean thinking mindset.
- Experience with software engineering best practices applied to data, e.g. automation, testing, contract definition, clean code, CI/CD.
- Worked with different cloud platforms, namely AWS/Azure.
- Good experience in infrastructure as code, CI/CD tooling configuration tools like terraform for automation.
- Experience working with monitoring logging systems, particularly; NewRelic, LogicMonitor, Papertrail Pingdom.
- Pragmatic approach to solving problems.
- Comfortable writing code in at least one programming language.
- Software Engineer coming from a development or DevOps background.
- At least 4+ years of hands-on experience with AWS/Azure.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Hands-on coding experience with Python 3.
- Exposure to application performance testing tools (preferably Locust).
- Open to learning new tools and technologies on the job.
- Leadership acumen.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $100,000 - $150,000 + bonus + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and ADD Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Site Reliability Engineer