Technical Consultant APAC
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in.
At Instructure, our Technical Consultants are passionate and skilled problem solvers who deliver expert consultation services to organisations involved in education, from small K12 institutions, through vocational education providers, to large public universities.
Technical Consultants are technical experts who guide customers through the configuration of Instructure products, including Canvas, Catalog, Credentials, Impact, and Studio. They advise on SSO and external app integrations, API usage, and deliver custom consulting services to meet our customer’s specific needs. They deliver workshops and advice to help institutions integrate the Instructure Learning Platform into their eLearning ecosystem.
As a Technical Consultant you will be:
- Working with customers to scope and implement technical solutions, including gathering technical and functional requirements, and communicating fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Supporting the customer with guidance on data provisioning, authentication, LTI configuration, leveraging APIs, and account structure.
- Collaborating with colleagues across our global organisation, including: technical consultants, software engineers, product managers, and sales reps. You will be joining the APAC Customer Experience team, working alongside other Technical Consultants, Learning Consultants, Project Consultants, and Customer Success Managers.
- Presenting online and onsite training to audiences of varying sizes and experience levels. Your skills translating technical concepts into everyday language will be highly regarded.
- Researching and understanding client needs and objectives to support customisation of services, growth of consulting offerings, and improved customer experience.
- Identifying areas where additional support, training, or consulting are needed.
- Participating in team projects that support goals and initiatives of the team.
- Build and maintain technical documentation regarding integrations and systems managed by the team.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Working knowledge of technology deployment strategies and best practices, especially in an educational context.
- Ability to engage with a wide variety of audiences, including academics/teachers, administrators and leadership.
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use web conferencing technologies and web based tools like Zoom, Teams, Slack, Google Docs and Google Calendar to coordinate, manage and facilitate consultations.
Ideally, you’ll also know/have:
- Experience designing and deploying technical solutions in a SaaS environment.
- Experience building custom reports and data visualisations, and helping customers interpret and understand their data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Educational Technology, Communications or a related field.
- Knowledge of the education technology industry.
We’ve always believed in hiring the very best people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we are committed to creating a workplace that supports diversity and inclusion, which we believe improves productivity, customer engagement and employee satisfaction. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.