Senior Full Stack Engineer
Kalepa is a rapidly growing, well-financed Series A start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech and tons of data to deliver the right insurance coverage at the right price for every business. We call this Efficient Frontier insurance. It's the way insurance should work.
Salary range: $150k - $230k
Equity range: 0.01% - 0.15%
What we are looking for:
We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, seek challenging problems and appreciate recognition for excellent work. As a core engineer you will step into a greenfield opportunity where your efforts will have a massive impact. You will be working on cutting edge tech including NLP, firmographic data, entity resolution and much more.
In this role you will be working on our client facing application written in react + Redux as well as backend services created in Python + pSQL. In addition, you can expect to collaborate with a global team of backend, Data , ML, and DevOps engineers who are considered polyglots flexing their ability to adapt as we scale.
Kalepa's team members bring experience from top technology, insurance, and intelligence institutions including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Uber, Doordash, Mastercard, Chubb, AIG, Zurich, Everest Insurance, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, and the Israel Defense Forces.
Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.), Former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker's Inspired Capital, and leaders in financial services and technology including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.
In July 2021 we raised a $14 million Series A funding round led by Inspired Capital, with participation from previous investor IA Ventures.
You'll be right at home if you:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Have excellent development skills including design, debugging and problem solving.
- Enjoy building front end components including end to end design/architecture.
- You have experience in a modern FE framework - Preferably React/Redux.
- You have experience in backend development and API Design.
- You possess a bachelors or master's degree in computer science or a related field.
- We primarily use Python3 however are open to seeing your code in other OO languages (Java, C++, C#, etc).
- Experience with AWS as we work with serverless technologies and asynchronous workflow.
- Have worked with relational databases with a preference for PostgreSQL
- Have worked with some of the following tools: Docker, Git, GitHub, Flask, NumPy,Pandas.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Significant equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity - early member of Kalepa's data science team.
- Excellent benefits: 100% covered medical, 100% covered vision and dental, and others.
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Global team offsites.
- Healthy living/gym stipend. Mobile phone bill stipend.
- Continuing education credits.
- Home office stipend.