Loyal is an organization centered on experience and building a platform that allows consumers to make meaningful decisions when it comes to healthcare. We deeply understand providers, locations, services, appointments, business rules, and moreover, we understand patients -- who they are, the preferred method of communication, upcoming appointments, lapsed appointments, outstanding bills, health risks, and more. With this intelligence, our platform fuels highly relevant and personalized experiences across all mediums (website, email, voice) allowing patients to get healthy, stay healthy, and have a better relationship with the health care provider.
**This is a remote role**
The Engineering Manager will partner with the Product Manager to build and maintain a high-performing product team, including hiring, coaching, and enabling a diverse team of engineers with various skill levels. The Engineering Manager works cross-functionally with a variety of teams across the company to inform direction and roadmap. A successful Engineering Manager will ensure team health, knowledge sharing, delivery of objectives, and a positive team culture. They also ensure engineers are both fulfilled in their work and growing professionally. Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Engineering Manager contributes to building a strong engineering organization and must demonstrate effective communication skills such as delivering complex technical information to various stakeholders, demonstrating a high level of critical and logical thinking, and exhibiting excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of one or more software development teams, providing goal-setting, mentorship, coaching, leadership, guidance and performance management, and feedback.
- Create a positive and stimulating work environment for team members
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure team health, knowledge sharing, and deliverables are defined and met.
- Challenges and motivates employees to grow their skills through regular feedback, assessments, and additional training offerings.
- Ensure development deliverables are documented and key decisions are recorded in accordance with the design and development process.
- Help with hiring initiatives across the engineering department.
- Assist in identifying process problems and contribute to the continual enhancement of the design, development processes, and system architecture.
- Ensures solutions meet quality, architectural, security, performance, and maintainability guidelines
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology, and other factors impacting the job incorporating as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a software developer.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a leadership capacity.
- Hands-on experience with hiring, managing, mentoring, and inspiring a team of talented engineers, including senior engineers.
- Experience working within a software as a service (SaaS) company preferred.
- Experience working within a start-up and/or ambiguous environment, with proven experience to be adaptable preferred.
Loyal to our employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick and personal days
- At least one holiday per month (sometimes, more!)
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance - Loyal pays the premium for all employees!
- One Time Home Office Setup Stipend For Remote Hybrid Roles
- Monthly Internet Stipend for Remote Hybrid Roles
- Long term short term disability
- 401[k] plan
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 2 Volunteer days per year
- Matching Gift Program
- Participation Grant Program
- Annual Travel/Team Events up to twice per year (post-COVID)
We believe that the key to Loyal's success is you. Your unique background, life experience, knowledge, self-expression, and talent make you uniquely you. Who you are, what you have experienced, and how you think inspires us to be innovative and bold.
Loyal is an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Further, consistent with applicable federal and state law, Loyal provides reasonable accommodations when requested by qualified applicants or employees with disabilities, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship. Loyal's policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If you require a reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Department at email@example.com.
Consistent with Loyal policy, candidates performing in-person work will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to Loyal's vaccination requirement, please contact the People Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.