Senior Software Engineer, 3D Experiences
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
Matterport is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our 3D Experiences team. You’ll be responsible for improving the user experience of our 3D model's 3D viewing and editing applications, which get more than 100 million views a month. The ideal candidate is a technology leader with a strong web UI development skill set especially React.
What you will do:
- Implement new features for our 3D model viewer and editing tools utilizing React, Typescript, Three.js and WebGL.
- You’ll be building new ways for our customers to interact, augment, and datafy their Matterport 3D models.
- Work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and engineers to deliver on project goals.
- Create working prototypes for new concepts, ideas, or platforms we want to explore
- Advocate for new technical architecture and innovation
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building user-friendly, fast web applications
- Strong demonstrated proficiency working with React and Typescript
- An interest in working with 3D development, and capabilities to solve problems within 3D space.
- Experience working on a team, supporting teammates through peer review, and releasing software in a team environment with multiple work streams.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with WebGL, Three.js, React-three-fiber
- Nice to have: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Nice to have: Exposure to architectural patterns of 3D applications, like games, AR or VR applications.
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
US based Matterport employees who travel for work, attend employee gatherings or work onsite at any of our offices are required as a condition of employment to be vaccinated against COVID 19. Proof of full vaccination including Booster will be required, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- * Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- * 401k
- Company ownership in the form of RSU’s
- Continuing Education Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers
- Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.
US-based Matterport employees who travel for work, attend employee gatherings, or work onsite at any of our offices are required as a condition of employment to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination including Booster will be required unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy
Front End Developer