Cyber Security Consultant 2
Who We Are
nVisium empowers organizations to eliminate application and cloud security vulnerabilities before cyber threats exploit them with proven in-depth security assessments, remediation and training programs. Our experienced team of security-savvy developers and engineers guide organizations to build best practices with high ROI into their engineering and development lifecycles across applications, operating systems, networks, mobile, cloud and IoT through services, software solutions and RD unique to business operations and compliance initiatives. Additionally, nVisium provides a fully managed platform for tracking and measuring performance as well as instructor-led and online training. Privately owned and founded in 2009, nVisium is headquartered in Falls Church, VA, and names Fortune 500 companies and household brands as customers.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Consultant to join our growing technical delivery team. You will make an impact in securing software and products for the most recognizable brands in technology, finance, and healthcare. Cyber Security Consultants at nVisium engage with clients in the following ways:
- Supporting manual source code reviews, API security reviews, penetration testing for web and thick-client applications, and producing relevant materials.
- Working with engineering and product teams to integrate security into the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborating with engineering teams to build robust defenses into software across a diverse set of technologies.
After a few weeks of shadowing team members, new hires will have a solid understanding of our daily process. This may include review of source code, dynamic testing applications, or preparing documentation for our clients. Some other noteworthy responsibilities would include:
- Delivering deep security analysis within client web application environments, performing source code reviews, and producing relevant reports.
- Shadowing more senior consultants on thick-client application assessments.
- Collaborating with engineering teams to devise novel approaches to securing their software.
- Contributing to internal toolkits and methods for security automation and custom analysis.
- Providing feedback and assisting in continuously improving nVisium’s products and services.
- Continuing to develop skills to increase testing capabilities across nVisium’s core service lines (web, thick-client, source code review, API, IoT, cloud, mobile, network, containers).
Required Qualities Experience
- Strong knowledge of how to discover, confirm, and remediate web application security issues.
- Hands-on experience with performing source code reviews with at least one modern programming language and conceptual knowledge of secure coding best practices and principles.
- Ability to understand the measured risk of discovered issues within web applications and APIs and how to communicate that risk.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write technical documentation
- Basic familiarity with computer programming.
- Strong sense of "ownership" and ability to work autonomously.
- Comfortable configuring a laptop for application penetration testing purposes.
- Demonstrated passion for cyber security.
- Ability to travel 10%.
Desired Qualities Experience
- Multiple years experience with secure code review and/or conceptual knowledge of secure coding best practices and principles.
- Multiple years experience in creating or administering computer networks.
- Multiple years experience in developing web/mobile applications.
- Multiple years experience in home automation implementation.
- Working knowledge of utilizing industry best practices and standards in application/cloud security related findings and reporting for the following public clouds:
- Willingness to participate in tasks/projects that extend beyond the scope of weekly client engagements.
- Working knowledge of common language frameworks and implementing security best practices specific to the language framework. Examples include:
- Spring (Java)
- Angular (JS)
- React (JS)
- Laminas/Zend2 (PHP)
- ASP/.NET (C#)
- Django (Python)
- Beego/Gin (Go)
Why You Should Join nVisium
- Work with a group of great, passionate, and interesting co-workers
- Work-Life Balance
- Ever-changing/variety of assessment work
- 100% Remote:
- Drink your favorite coffee your way, every day.
- Work with your dog or cat sleeping in the corner.
- Set the lighting to suit you.
- Never start your day frustrated because you were stuck in traffic for an hour.
- Stop caring what the price of gasoline is.
- Enjoy dinner at a reasonable hour with your family.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly bonuses based on individual and company performance
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer Matching
- Generous PTO Policy
- Health Club Benefit
- Remote Connectivity Benefit
- Annual Training Development Budget
Learn more about our Company at nVisium.com