Senior Site Reliability Engineer
OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 10 billion messages daily.
1 in 7 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Upwork, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We're venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We're a remote-first company, offering remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas, as well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA, New York City, and London, UK.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
About The Team:
What You'll Do:
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline to improve deploy performance
- Develop new tools to enable other developers to better spend their time
- Add new code to the system to enable messaging users on a new platform
- Help evaluate a new storage technology to further scale our stack
- Provision and configure new hardware
- Investigate network issues
- Improve application and infrastructure monitoring
What You'll Bring:
- At least 4 years SRE experience
- Experience operating reliable production systems at scale
- Knowledge of Linux systems internals
- Desire and ability to automate tasks
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Operational experience deploying and managing Kubernetes
- Experience working with Cloud Providers (AWS/GCP/Azure)
We value a variety of experiences, so these are not required. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in any of the following:
- Recently writing Go and/or Rust
- Working with Layers 1-3 of the OSI networking model
- Redis, Kafka, etcd, ZooKeeper, nginx, haproxy
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness Empathy
- Accountability Collaboration
- Proactiveness Urgency
- Growth Mindset Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.