Our Professional Services Team is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers, acting as the subject-matter experts for our product and providing consulting expertise for the integration and operation of SingleStore. The Data Architect will be responsible for hands-on product implementations with new customers, ensuring a world-class customer experience. The successful individual will be able to carry on profound discussions with customers' front-line technical experts, as well as have high-level, business talks with senior executives.
As an organization, we've hit an inflection point, making this an exciting time to be at SingleStore. Given the continued growth of our business, it's critical that we implement scalable tools and best practices to effectively scale the organization. This position will play a key role in product implementations and will contribute to the processes that will help take the company to the next level.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with customers to gain an understanding of both their technical and business requirements
- Execute on design and deployment plans to successfully implement SingleStore into new customer environments
- Follow best practices when deploying SingleStore, ensuring a consistent and positive customer experience
- Help build and deploy the next generation of database management platform that automates tasks, provisioning/de-provisioning, analytics, and instrumentation across 1,000s of nodes
- Evangelize best practices by educating customers and becoming their trusted advisor, providing an overall business solution
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep experience and understanding of complex applications, distributed systems, and custom technology deployments in a variety of customer environments
- Firm understanding of SQL, Linux, and scripting languages
- Firm understanding of database administration, database architecture, and distributed systems
- Experience working in the modern data infrastructure space: RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, etc.), Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and/or Big Data technology
- Strong customer-focus mindset, with a passion for delivering customer satisfaction
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time, including both U.S. and international travel
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built, so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens,
embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Single Database for All Data-Intensive Applications.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore's COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.