Junior Software Developer
Thank you for taking a look at this career opportunity! This is a direct employment position available only in Romania. If you feel you are a fit, please apply by uploading your CV in English. Thank you!
From the very beginning, SugarCRM had a unique vision: to offer a different kind of Customer Relationship Management (CRM). We pioneered the first commercial open-source CRM platform, and now, more than two decades later, are on a mission to provide products and services that make the hard things easier for sales, marketing and customer service teams. In fact, we help mid-market businesses around the globe reach new levels of performance and predictability by letting our award-winning CRM platform do the work.
Our diverse group of worldwide employees are united and driven by a shared passion for our mission, culture, and values. We treat our employees like humans not line items and are building a culture where your work at Sugar helps fuel personal, professional and business growth – check out our recent ‘Great Place to Work’ certification that we are so proud of. Work/life fit and flexibility for our team matters and together we pride ourselves on solving for our customers, always. What’s more, we empower everyone to do their best work from home, the office, on the road, or anywhere in between.
If you're ready to grow your career and help organizations grow better and faster, you've come to the right place. Find out more about our SugarCRM careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are looking for a highly motivated Jr Developer to maintain and build out our advanced demo environment. In this key role you will join the Sugar Labs and build company critical assets. The Sugar Labs, a part of the Strategy Department, is a Service Center dedicated to SugarCRM demo environment and innovation.
Your main focus will be software development: build state of the art software and tools for the demo environment. Write ongoing improvements. Create new software to integrate with our Marketplace.
This role will include another important focus: operations. This skillset is not required, you will learn with the help of the other team members. Operations skillset includes: maintain the demo environment. That consists in maintenance, running upgrades, monitoring the environment, writing server scripts to automatize deployments, backups, termination, hot fixes and also support our users via a ticketing system. Support other departments helping to access to prereleases.
You will join a small team ofdevelopers, follow up with sensitive projects and ensure the delivery quality. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable working in a fast-pacedenvironment andmanaging your time effectively. You will report to the Sugar Labs Director.
IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE IN THE ROLE:
- Help building and improving company critical assets
- Track your time spent
- Closely work with the Developer Team Lead and the Project Manager
- Understand and challenge the requirements
EXPERTISE YOU WILL BRING IN:
- 1+ year of experience with enterprise software development and/or distributed SaaS systems
- 1+ year of software programming for the web
- Client side, server side and data store experience is required
- 1+ year of experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- 1+ years with databases (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Good communication skills across a global cross-functional audience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 1+ years relevant work experience
- Proficient communication skills in both English and Romanian
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with gnu/Linux server administration and security is a plus
- Experience with AWS environment is a plus (EC2, RDS, IAM, Connect, Lambda)
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with continuous delivery and/or continuous integration
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some sweet benefits and perks:
- Private medical insurance including basic check-up, hospitalization, and vital care
- Vision exam and discounted glasses every year
- Meal tickets 20 RON/working day
- Gift tickets 300 RON/ Easter Christmas
- Cultural tickets 170 RON/month
- Health Wellness reimbursement
- Football Team (only in Craiova)
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Travel discounts
- Birthday day off
- Extra days off when public holidays fall on weekend days
- We are a merit-based company with many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career!